Collaborative Law is an option for every divorcing couple and is sanctioned by the Texas State Legislature. But that’s only one of a few important facts your confrontational attorney is likely to leave out in your initial interview.
- Traditional divorce can increase the risk of interpersonal problems for children.
- There is a financial incentive for traditional divorce lawyers to fuel the fire.
- Couples get more “bang for the buck” in a collaborative divorce.
- 83% of divorce clients say they would approach the process differently if they could.
- In Texas, 94% of all collaborative cases settle with an agreement and an additional 3% result in reconciliation.
- Most divorces don’t go to trial. Which means many dollars your attorney charges you for trial prep is a waste.
- The average case managed by Collaborative Divorce Dallas costs less than traditional litigated divorce.